Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Titles/Site Feedback

4 posters

:: Site News :: Site News

Go down

Custom Titles/Site Feedback Empty Custom Titles/Site Feedback

Post  Mr. Pearse Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:18 am

Two quick administrative items:

1. For now, everyone can have a custom title. Please PM Nich-, er, Seth Ruggeri with your preference.

2. Post site feedback below! This is a brand new venture, and it would be great to get some site feedback before too many more people jump on board. Were there any registration problems? Does our PM system actually work? What do you like about our site layout, and what would you like to improve?

Some problems (like the site being too muddy) we're aware of but have trouble doing much about. Text color is the same when it's being typed as it is when it's published, so if you set text colors too light it'll look beautiful on the webpage but you'll have no way to review whatever you're writing! Still, all design suggestions (particularly anyone who's willing to make us a bona fide banner that works with the background) would be much appreciated.

Finally, while I'm no web designer, I was pleased with what I managed to come up with. For comparison's sake (and if you want a laugh), here's the first iteration of Broken Badlands: http://brokenbadlands.49.forumer.com/. If you're curious, our current theme is a hodgepodge of different styles: the background and color scheme was stolen from a Runescape discussion board and buttons were stolen from across the Internet, with the distinctive New Reply/Topic buttons actually being stolen from an Orlando Bloom fansite. The things you find online!
Mr. Pearse
Mr. Pearse
Gentleman of the West

Back to top Go down

Custom Titles/Site Feedback Empty Re: Custom Titles/Site Feedback

Post  Jessamine Blake Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:20 am

Feedback! The site looks pretty good, but I'm a little disturbed at the amount of stolen material. I guess since we're in the Wild West, the lawlessness is kind of appropriate, though. Be that as it may, as a web and graphic design student I'd be happy to see what I could come up with in the way of banners and/or any other graphics we may require, submitted for your approval.

An odd thing keeps happening when I view my profile. A lot of things that I've filled out don't show up, even though I've set the preferences to allow most things to be visible. Just an odd quirk.

Well, now I'm off to test the PM by submitting my title request to "Nich--er, Seth Ruggeri."
Jessamine Blake
Jessamine Blake
Clairvoyant Madam

http://nobubblegum.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Ruggeri Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:30 pm

I'd greatly appreciate any help I can get in making a logo. Right now my photo editing software on the laptop isn't really up to snuff and I've had to resort to using some mediocre editing software. I've noticed a similar problem with emails and messenger names not showing up on user profiles. I'll finagle around a bit more in the control panel to see what I can do to fix that. As of now, all of our members have received their requested custom titles. If anyone wants to change their title to something else, feel free to resubmit your idea to me.
Seth Ruggeri
Seth Ruggeri
Phantom of the Badlands

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Pearse Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:59 pm

It's been recently drawn to my attention (e.g. I'm using a crappy monitor) that site avatars push over into the text on lower resolution machines. This isn't a problem for my laptop, but it is a problem on both a netbook and now lower-resolution desktop I'm using. Let me know if this is an issue for other people; if so, we can slightly reduce the avatar width. You may or may not need to readjust your avatars manually if this happens; either way, changes would be small.
Mr. Pearse
Mr. Pearse
Gentleman of the West

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Ruggeri Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:45 am

The avatar overlapping problem was brought to my attention recently. On a widescreen like my laptop, they show up fine, however on a normal screen they extend over the border a little bit. I'll have some time later today to adjust that. So far I've only noticed it on Ethan, Jessamine, and my own avatars but if there are others with similar issues let me know.
Seth Ruggeri
Seth Ruggeri
Phantom of the Badlands

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Ruggeri Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:03 pm

I made some adjustments to the avatar size. Since I don't have a normal screen, I need those that do to let me know if they notice any change.
Seth Ruggeri
Seth Ruggeri
Phantom of the Badlands

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessamine Blake Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:17 pm

I'm using a normal screen at work, and everything is displaying great!
Jessamine Blake
Jessamine Blake
Clairvoyant Madam

http://nobubblegum.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Allie Johnson Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:16 pm

Well, I have no clue what kind of screen I'm using... but avatars are still hanging over there on the edge. I have a newer laptop. If that makes any difference. :/
Allie Johnson
Allie Johnson
Clockwork Cowgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Ruggeri Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:23 pm

I just recently noticed that I never gave custom titles to Allie or Caleb. If the two of you have a title in mind that you'd like, you feel free to PM me with them.

Is anyone still having problems with avatars overlapping parts of posts? I hope by this point I've managed to resolve the issue but if anyone is still having problems with that or any other technical issues please bring them to my attention.
Seth Ruggeri
Seth Ruggeri
Phantom of the Badlands

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down