Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Story Related OOC

+3
Ethan Ramey
Jessamine Blake
Mr. Pearse
7 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Story Related OOC - Page 6 Empty Re: Story Related OOC

Post  Mr. Pearse Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:31 pm

Fyi everybody, although the time stamp does not reflect it, Ruggeri's post had been revised substantially. It's a good read, so make sure you check it out.

Ruggeri was one of this site's founding members, so it's sad to see him go, even temporarily. Good luck with the start of semester, and come back soon.

More generally, I'd like to remind folks that while producing quality writing on a timetable can be challenging, it's also supposed to be fun. This site wasn't started just to give us all more work to do! It was started to socialize, to entertain, and to help hone an incredibly valuable skill which we will use for the rest of our lives. When you encounter times of trouble and get stressed, that's a sign you should write more. Writing is therapeutic, and nothing beats the feeling of finally submitting that finished post, even if it's three in the morning when it happens.

Mr. Pearse
Mr. Pearse
Gentleman of the West

Back to top Go down

Post  Allie Johnson Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:52 am

So when are we looking at starting the new threads up?
Allie Johnson
Allie Johnson
Clockwork Cowgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessamine Blake Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:02 am

I will attempt to jump-start the thread for characters remaining in Santa Anna, if no one has any objections, before the start of my classes on Monday. This will likely be one whopper of a post, and I'm rather excited. Allie, I'll defer to you on starting up the thread we'll be in together. I think Pearse wants us starting up three days after the events that just transpired in Santa Anna, with the journey to Pearse's ranch taking five days, so we'll be in-transit.
Jessamine Blake
Jessamine Blake
Clairvoyant Madam

http://nobubblegum.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Allie Johnson Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:20 am

Sounds good to me, I'll jump right on it.
Allie Johnson
Allie Johnson
Clockwork Cowgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Ethan Ramey Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:54 am

I'm simply waiting for Pearse to re-contact me with a couple of answers before I get the opening post on our new thread up. Ideally, it'll be up this coming week (sooner rather than later).
Ethan Ramey
Ethan Ramey
Reluctant Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Pearse Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:44 pm

Stoked to see both new threads. The fellows' is taking a little longer, but it will be worth the wait. Sorry - went a bit AWOL the last few days.
Mr. Pearse
Mr. Pearse
Gentleman of the West

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessamine Blake Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:51 pm

Well, so much for getting a post up before classes start. Sorry, you guys, but I've had one helluva weekend. People moving in and out, all kinds of craziness. I should still have plenty of free time this week, though, even with classes, so I will aim to get a post up this week at the very latest. I thought of just doing one right now, but it's almost midnight and I have work at eight, and currently I doubt anything I wrote would be very good. Anyway, I will get my first post in the new thread up this week, and I will possibly put up another vignette soon as well.
Jessamine Blake
Jessamine Blake
Clairvoyant Madam

Back to top Go down

Post  Ethan Ramey Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:51 am

I'll get a post up this week. Count on it.
Ethan Ramey
Ethan Ramey
Reluctant Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post  Allie Johnson Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:38 am

mmkay. I got the new thread up. I'm not promising quality, just the fact that Allie needs some serious counseling and is as skeptical as always. Let me know if anything needs to be edited.
Allie Johnson
Allie Johnson
Clockwork Cowgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Ethan Ramey Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:40 pm

And by "this week," I apparently mean early next week, as I missed by best opportunity last night.
Ethan Ramey
Ethan Ramey
Reluctant Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessamine Blake Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:22 pm

I have begun writing a post for Santa Anna! It might be rather long and the only time I have to work on it is the downtime I have in the help desk right now. Oy. But once that is done I will start on my post on Allie's thread as well.
Jessamine Blake
Jessamine Blake
Clairvoyant Madam

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Pearse Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:32 pm

Unfortunately, my window of opportunity has passed, so it will be awhile before I'm in a position to post my next response. This is ok, though, since we don't have a thread yet.

Jessamine, I'll look forward to reading both Santa Anna and your adventures in the coyote's den. I'm not sure when or if I'll post a secondary on the Santa Anna thread, but definitely keep me in the loop. Kircher should have PM'd either you or Ramey to discuss a good angle for his newly minted sheriff of a nonexistent town.

Claude, also please respond to my message or post here so we can figure out where your guy's heading next.

Although we're all going our separate ways (both in-story and irl), let's keep this site alive. It's been an awesome writer's workshop/distraction, and things are starting to get really interesting.

Mr. Pearse
Mr. Pearse
Gentleman of the West

Back to top Go down

Post  Ethan Ramey Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:11 pm

Sorry, but I literally haven't had a spare moment in weeks. However, next week at work is painfully slow, and as a result, I have most of it off.

In other words, if I don't get a post up before the end of next week (ideally sooner), please shoot me in the face.

In the face!
Ethan Ramey
Ethan Ramey
Reluctant Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post  Allie Johnson Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:23 pm

I'll hold ya to it.
Story Related OOC - Page 6 Qn644m
Allie Johnson
Allie Johnson
Clockwork Cowgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Pearse Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:54 pm

Posts forthcoming - spare Mr. Ramey's life just a little while longer.
Mr. Pearse
Mr. Pearse
Gentleman of the West

Back to top Go down

Post  Ethan Ramey Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:12 pm

As hopefully everyone has noticed, my post is up. Pearse should be rolling his out soon and we'll see where this thread goes. Also, I'm looking forward to the Santa Anna thread when it gets up and running!

As a sidenote, I used a quote from a particular poem at the end of my post. Technically, this poem wasn't written until 1925, making it difficult for someone in the late 1800s to know, I'm sure. The use of this was intentional, and is something I'll save for explanation at a later date, when we're really getting into the lore of the site.

And no, time travel is not involved. That would just be silly.

Last edited by Ethan Ramey on Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To make Pearse's name less French by spelling it correctly.)
Ethan Ramey
Ethan Ramey
Reluctant Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessamine Blake Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:12 pm

Okay, so I went to start up the new thread for Santa Anna. I finished the post, gave it a rather apt title, and clicked "Send." At that VERY MOMENT, my damned internet connection decides to fail out, and I had only saved half of the post. So instead of the post you were going to get tonight, you will have to wait for me to stop fuming enough to write something that's not pissed off and half-hearted, because I was rather proud of the original, and this just sucks. Urgh.
Jessamine Blake
Jessamine Blake
Clairvoyant Madam

Back to top Go down

Post  Allie Johnson Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:22 am

That really sucks, I hated when my internet would do that. And I never saved. Too dang lazy. Can't wait to read it though.

Ethan, I thought your post worked quite well, just so you know. I could see it very clearly in my head. I'm just itching to know where this whole canon thing is leading to and also why your character is so important to Pearse.

At this point I'd like to add that while the site was dormant for that week, I could have gone insane. I checked back every day (sometimes twice a day) hoping that something new would be up. :/
Allie Johnson
Allie Johnson
Clockwork Cowgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Pearse Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:37 am

Jessamine, that's about the worst thing in the world. There was a time (back before I was so wise) when I always wrote my ToP posts in the forum client. Perpetual heartbreak and the loss of hours of work effectively ended that practice...

Ramey's post was awesome, and my contribution should take things in a pretty surprising direction. My plan is to draft at least half this weekend; maybe all, if my work ethic stays superhuman.

I'm still considering whether to enter the Santa Anna thread. I'm looking forward to Jessamine's initial post on it - given our small number of active members, the Santa Anna narrative will give us a chance to exercise that creative muscle more often. Allie, I have an interesting idea on that front which I'll discuss with you soon.

On one final note, we need new talent!!! Talent should be talented, but don't be afraid to ask someone a little outside of the typical role-playing M.O. After all, this isn't your typical role-play. It's something bigger, and better.
Mr. Pearse
Mr. Pearse
Gentleman of the West

Back to top Go down

Post  Allie Johnson Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:07 am

Man, now I'm all excited. Discuss away, o wise and mighty Pearse. *bows*

Well on that last thought, I may have someone in mind. Although it may have to wait until she has internet steadily. But when she does, I'll let her know that it may be time for her to drink the kool-aid too and join us.
Allie Johnson
Allie Johnson
Clockwork Cowgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Pearse Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:37 pm

Just an fyi that, once we have a Santa Anna thread, Allie will be taking over the role of Jeremiah.

Also, a post may likely be forthcoming by the end of the weekend. Stay tuned.
Mr. Pearse
Mr. Pearse
Gentleman of the West

Back to top Go down

Post  Allie Johnson Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:51 am

I have a question linked to my take-over of Jeremiah. Pearse, would you like to make a character sheet for me to follow since he's your character originally, or would you like me to make one and just keep true to the path already set for him?
Allie Johnson
Allie Johnson
Clockwork Cowgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Pearse Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:41 pm

You should do the character sheet - you're the one who's going to be writing him! For reference, he played a minor role in the aftermath of the encounter at Ramey's shack, as well as receiving several mentions in the Santa Anna thread.
Mr. Pearse
Mr. Pearse
Gentleman of the West

Back to top Go down

Post  Allie Johnson Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:01 pm

haha okay! I can do that. I'll pm you or something if I have any questions. Or call more than likely.
Allie Johnson
Allie Johnson
Clockwork Cowgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Ethan Ramey Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:56 pm

Pearse threatened my livelihood if I didn't add to this conversation, so here I am, and here's my addition:

729+243=972.
Ethan Ramey
Ethan Ramey
Reluctant Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum