Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 'whatever' thread.

5 posters

Go down

The 'whatever' thread. Empty The 'whatever' thread.

Post  Allie Johnson Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:58 am

The 'whatever' thread. 2zricgp

You know we needed it. A discussion/spam/whatever thread since our chatterbox is anything but its namesake.
And to begin this thing, I'd like to say that since I graduated, the first day of HIGH SCHOOL for my little sister was beyond weird for me. Especially since the only thing I did while she went to the (stupid) ninth grade academy was cut dead parts off of corn and stack firewood for the winter.
Allie Johnson
Allie Johnson
Clockwork Cowgirl

Back to top Go down

The 'whatever' thread. Empty Re: The 'whatever' thread.

Post  Jessamine Blake Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:16 pm

I dunno. I think the chatterbox might gain some of its original character back soon. It's just a catchall anyway.

Although I have to say, I AM sadly disappointed in the lack of...well...chatter. No

You know what's weirder than watching your younger sister start high school? Watching your younger brother finish it. And then watching your even younger sister finish it the very next year. And then realizing that the teeniebopper stars that you grew up oohing and ahhing over have either become legitimate celebrities or famous tabloid disasters. GAH I feel old.
Jessamine Blake
Jessamine Blake
Clairvoyant Madam

http://nobubblegum.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Allie Johnson Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:29 am

yeah besides facebook, this is the only other site I really get on anymore. I feel like a postwhore trying to get some life going.

I'm not quite there with you yet, but I can feel it coming. My sister has a crush on the guy across from her in Science class, and my little fifth grade brother (who we pick on all the time because he grew up with two sisters and doesn't really know how to act like a boy) was telling me that he was "thinking about getting a girlfriend". So I asked him how much they cost and he said not like that. I asked him who he liked, and he said nobody. He was thinking about liking somebody.
Allie Johnson
Allie Johnson
Clockwork Cowgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessamine Blake Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:09 am

That's...oddly methodical for a fifth grader. At least you know he's not just being impulsive!
Jessamine Blake
Jessamine Blake
Clairvoyant Madam

Back to top Go down

Post  Allie Johnson Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:55 pm

definitely! he's pretty intelligent already, but he's had to step it up since he's been living in my and my sister's shadows. We were stuck in the honors programs early on and bumped up a grade, but he didn't make it through the testing and was really upset about it. He also has to try and come up with better and better ways to argue with Emily. They can't stand being around each other.
Allie Johnson
Allie Johnson
Clockwork Cowgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Pearse Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:37 pm

Who else likes cigars? I just had a really good one...and I guess I wanted everyone to know.
Mr. Pearse
Mr. Pearse
Gentleman of the West

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessamine Blake Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:41 am

Ooooh, cigars are so badass. I'm only being half sardonic. I can't really respect cigarettes, but cigars? They seem like more of a luxury than a nasty habit. If I were ever going to inhale tobacco smoke voluntarily (I say because my dad is practically a chain smoker), it'd be cigar smoke. Plus they smell SOOOO good. There's actually a tobacco bar about two miles from my school. Apparently, there's something called the Churchill Society on campus dedicated to the appreciation of cigars, and they meet there.

I congratulate you on your cigar, Mr. Pearse. But you know what's even more hardcore than a cigar?

A pipe.
Jessamine Blake
Jessamine Blake
Clairvoyant Madam

Back to top Go down

Post  Allie Johnson Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:22 am

Hahaha I could see Pearse with a pipe. I really could. Sitting there with some boring law book and just puffing away. A bit like Sherlock Holmes.
Allie Johnson
Allie Johnson
Clockwork Cowgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Pearse Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:39 am

BB, we fail even at spam! Here's something:

Is anyone a fan of the Arcade Fire? Their new album may be the best collection of songs, ever. And if you haven't drunk the kool-aid, what do you (incorrectly) think is the best album, ever?
Mr. Pearse
Mr. Pearse
Gentleman of the West

Back to top Go down

Post  Claude Delacroix Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:18 am

I'm not a huge fan of Arcade Fire, but I do agree that their new album is top-class pop music. A MASSIVE improvement over the major misfire of Neon Bible. Their first album was promising, but they completely lost the plot on NB. I was so excited to listen to that album, hearing critics praise it as an modern art-pop classic, and I can only say I was extremely let down. The music itself was dull and far too "churchy" for my taste, and the lyrical reflections on mortality, religion, and culture were just the same. If you're going to question someone's religious outlook, it would be wise to steer away from dull and dreary arrangements.

As an aside, if you want to hear an album that covers the same ground as Neon Bible, check out Modest Mouse's The Moon And Antarctica. Where Win Butler and co. fail, Issac Brock and co. succeed.
Claude Delacroix
Claude Delacroix
Just Another Stranger

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Pearse Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:30 pm

Neon Bible is decent due only to "Intervention," which produced this unbelievable music video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO7ZWfvCjBE

And I was into Modest Mouse long before I found the Arcade Fire. Not as big a fan of really "poppy" recent album, but Moon & Antartica and Good News are badass.

What say you, other BB spammers?
Mr. Pearse
Mr. Pearse
Gentleman of the West

Back to top Go down

Post  Allie Johnson Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:24 pm

welll... I say that the only familiar name among all of those is Modest Mouse. And I don't even listen to that. Sadly, I become attached to many of the mainstream songs and bands in pop and punk. But! I do listen to Flogging Molly. If anyone here has ever heard of them...
They're an Irish punk band.
Allie Johnson
Allie Johnson
Clockwork Cowgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Kircher Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:49 pm

I've been enthralled by Owl City's "Ocean Eyes" album for the last month or so...there isn't a song I don't like on there. This is the stuff that always played in my mind and daydreams, and some man finally came out and made this stuff for me to listen to. Like him or hate him (its only one guy), but I for one love this album.
Samuel Kircher
Samuel Kircher
Soldier of Misfortune

Back to top Go down

Post  Allie Johnson Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:25 pm

I like Owl City. And I like the ideas behind the music. I haven't listened very often to it, though. I'm still exploring what kinds of music I like. Another group that I've recently started listening to is Cobra Starship.
Allie Johnson
Allie Johnson
Clockwork Cowgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down