Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting this party started

4 posters

Go down

Getting this party started Empty Getting this party started

Post  Mr. Pearse Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:51 am

For those of you who are actively checking - some might say "stalking" - the site for updates, know that I'm holding off on my first story post until everyone out of our initial group has posted his or her character sheet. Currently, that's Mr. Ruggeri, Allie, and THE CABAL(!!!).

At the moment, I'd like to get feedback on how you all would like to go about prosecuting the story. I'm not envisioning the kind of (hilariously) LOTR-esque, way-too-convenient plot points that found every character becoming part of a single, united group back in the ToP days. I think things should be more organic. It's perfectly acceptable to meet up with another player and then part ways again, and it's also perfectly acceptable to spend several posts entirely on your own Hell, THE CABAL (!!!) is likely going to be a group of characters, and you can bet your ass that Mr. Pearse will have an NPC entourage at various points of this little adventure. It may even be that some of our characters will be enemies with each other, which will also be perfectly okay.

And here's the big question: how many threads do we want, and who wants to start off with whom? We will (ideally) have nine active story participants, which (again, ideally) if we're posting every day could quickly get confused and derail. We can host two threads, but someone needs to volunteer to start the other one, and people need to be excited enough to actively post in each. So share your thoughts!

A final word: before you plunge into the story, make sure you're confident that you'll be able to keep the ball rolling. As an excellent illustration, while I don't like to talk about schedules too much, I'm very committed right now. I'm taking eighteen not-too-easy credit hours, holding down a job, handling a couple massive extracirriculars, and shooting off another round of internship essays every few days. I'm also going to work my damndest to post frequently on this site, because this is a great way to practice the writing muscle and connect with old friends at the same time. I hope many of you feel the same way.

(repost in your response if you want)

Thread 1
----
Slot 1: Mr. Pearse
Slot 2:
Slot 3:
Slot 4:
Slot 5:
Slot 6:

Thread 2(?)
----
Slot 1:
Slot 2:
Slot 3:
Slot 4:
Slot 5:
Slot 6:
Mr. Pearse
Mr. Pearse
Gentleman of the West

Back to top Go down

Getting this party started Empty Re: Getting this party started

Post  Claude Delacroix Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:53 pm

I'd be more than happy to start the second thread if no-one else objects.
Claude Delacroix
Claude Delacroix
Just Another Stranger

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessamine Blake Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:46 pm

Ooh! Ooh! Pick me, pick me! I wanna be on Than-- err, Mr. Pearse's thread.

Disclaimer: The sentence seen above is not in any way indicative of my character's voice or my style of writing. Please do not be alarmed.
Jessamine Blake
Jessamine Blake
Clairvoyant Madam

http://nobubblegum.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel Kircher Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:13 pm

Well, seeing as how I plan to start out in Kircher's home base of Normen (see profile), I dunno if I can lead a thread. But those who will be are free to set up their story in Normen, in which case I will be included in it. Heck, I don't even have a solid idea for the makeup of the town (I just envisioned a classic main-street Old West stop with its own population of settlers and frontiersmen/women), so that in itself is up for interpretation/description by any who think they'd like to take a crack at it.
Samuel Kircher
Samuel Kircher
Soldier of Misfortune

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Pearse Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:43 am

Upon a bit more thought, I've realized it's a little overambitious to ponder two threads right now. Let's keep it to one and see where it takes us. Since Mr. Ruggeri got his sexy character posted, I think we're ready to begin. My first story post should be up by the end of today/tomorrow (Superbowwwwl Sunday!). Stay tuned.
Mr. Pearse
Mr. Pearse
Gentleman of the West

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down